The young Unificationists in the Southeast Ė encompassing Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana Ė worked hard to excel in their studies. †This is an exciting time of year as young people prepare to move from elementary school to middle school, from middle school to high school, from high school to college, to Special Task Force (STF), to Oceana Leadership Training (OLT), to the military, and to graduate school. There is good news about the educational accomplishments of the young Unificationists in the South. †In addition, there have been several weddings and births among our young people (also called Blessed-Children).
Fiona Denham received her Doctorate Degree in Medicine from the Louisiana State University School of Medicine. Jayce Doose earned a masterís Degree from Cornell University. †Mari Curry earned a masterís Degree from Cheong Shim Seminary. Patrick Yamane earned an undergraduate degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology Mie Turegano, and Naomi Parks graduated Magna Cum Laude from their respective universities: the University of Louisiana and the University of Central Florida.
Several high-school students graduated with top honors, and many of our young people are in the top percentiles of their schools.
Special Task Force Graduations (STF)
- Hideyuki Belfort from Miami, Florida. †(He won $1,000 at the Charity Slot Tournament in Las Vegas on May 21, 2011.)
- Inez deOliveira from Melbourne Beach, Florida
- Klein Gauthier (third-year S.T.F.) His fatherís home is St. Simons, Georgia.
- Yoshika Hayashi from Miami, Florida
- Valerie Ida will begin studies at Florida Atlanta University. †Her home is Coral Springs, Florida.
- Yasatake Ishida (tecond-year STF) from Miami, Florida
- Shin Young Llopiz from Southwest Ranches, Florida
- Aileen Rotondo from Bayou la Batre, Alabama
- Tadamasa Usui from Miami, Florida.
Oceana Leadership Training Graduations (OLT)
- Seiya Miyazaki finished six months service on OLT in Australia and the Solomon Islands. †He found three spiritual children and had many incredible, life-changing experiences. †Following OLT, he attended 40-day training at Cheong Pyeong International Training Center in South Korea, where he fully immersed himself as a drummer and western team leader. †Next year, he will attend the graduate program at the University of Bridgeport in their competitive, teacher-internship program. His home is Coral Springs, Florida.
- Jacob Bates graduated from STF (second year) several years ago. He was recently accepted to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. There were 17,000 applicants this year, and Jacob was among the 1,250 accepted.
- Brian Cutts graduated in October 2010 from the U.S. Navyís two-year E.O.D. (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) training. He is now stationed in San Diego, California.
- Alexander LaBrooy graduated from the University of South Carolina with a Bachelor of Finance (Accounting) degree. He was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the U.S. Army, and will continue his training as a finance officer. He and his wife, Julika, are from Columbia, South Carolina
- Fiona Noelle Denham, was awarded her Medical Degree (M.D.), from the Louisiana State University School of Medicine. †Her home is LaPlace, Louisiana.
- Danny Aguilar (first generation) earned an Executive Masterís Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Tampa. He completed the two-year program in 1.5 years. He is now working for Johnson and Johnson as a Senior Quality Engineer. Formerly of Tampa, Florida, he and his wife are now living in Dallas, Texas with their three children.
- Mari Miyazaki Curry completed the two-year course, "True Parents Studies," at Cheongshim Seminary in Korea. She is finishing her thesis on "Raising Second Generation Children to Receive the Blessing" and will receive her masterís degree in July. Mari and her husband, Richard, live with their newborn son in Coral Springs, Florida.
- Jayce Kazuto Doose graduated from Cornell University with a Masterís Degree in Biomedical Engineering. His home is Charleston, South Carolina.
- Noriko Masuyama earned a Masterís degree in Mental Health Counseling at Florida Atlantic University in May. Her home is Coral Springs, Florida.
- Mrs. Mitsuko Poletti, (first generation) earned a Masterís of Education Degree with specialty in Curriculum and Instruction of Mathematics from Florida Atlantic University. She and her husband, and two daughters, live in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Helenita Thomas (first generation) earned a Masterís of Science degree in Psychology, University of Phoenix, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She and her husband live with their children in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.